DIANNE BEARINGER, CPD
Dianne Bearinger is an experienced Waldorf pre-school teacher and DONA Certified Postpartum Doula. She works at Month10 supporting families who have babies and young children, and as a parent-Child class teacher at the Charlottesville Waldorf School. She also acts as a local consultant to home school families.
CYNTHIA JORDAN FISHER
Cynthia began training through observing births and newborns in Rome, Italy in 1983. After giving birth to her first child in 1986, Cynthia supported multicultural mothers in their homes in Hawaii as a Child Development Specialist, teaching newborn care, feeding, reading baby's cues and strengthening the mother baby bond.
Cynthia has worked continuously with families in Charlottesville since 1995 where she began classes for parents with newborns to age 3. While working as a postpartum doula she especially enjoys helping mothers gain insights into their newborn from a Montessori perspective. Cynthia also helps prepare homes to encompass a newborn or infant's needs.
- CPR Adult/Infant Certified (2016)
- DONA (Doulas of North America) Postpartum Certification (2006)
- NCAST (Nursing Child Assessment Satellite Training) Certification (1989)
- AMI Montessori Assistant to Infancy Certification (1985)
- BA in Human Ecology : College of The Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine (1980)
- Early Childhood/Elementary Education : University of Maine (1980)
BIRTH + POSTPARTUM DOULA
Rachel trained with Doula Trainings International in 2016. As a Registered Nurse with a decade of experience, Rachel brings a wealth of knowledge to her role as doula. She supported dozens of women during the birth process as a labor and delivery nurse and has experience with unmedicated and medicated births, cesarean birth, and bereavement. In primary care pediatrics, she cared for hundreds of babies and families.
Rachel earned a BSN from the University of Virginia and a certificate in Global Health from UAB-Birmingham. She has experience working with survivors of trauma in the nonprofit setting and is passionate about incorporating trauma-informed care into birth.
- Trained as a birth and postpartum doula with DTI (2016)
- Training in Trauma-Informed Care through SUNY-Buffalo School of Social Work (2013)
- Registered Nurse since 2005 with experience in Labor and Delivery and Primary Care Pediatrics
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing from the University of Virginia
- Certificate in Global Health with emphasis in Maternal/Child Health
- Certified in Basic Life Support (CPR) by AHA
- Past certification in Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol by the American Academy of Pediatrics
STEPHANIE POST, RN
BIRTH DOULA, POST PARTUM DOULA
Stephanie attended her first birth at age three, the birth of her brother and can’t remember a time when she didn’t feel called to midwifery.
Stephanie graduated from nursing school in 2005 and has been a pediatric nurse for over 10 years. She has traveled the United States and the world, sometimes as a travel-nurse and sometimes for the pleasure of adventure. In 2010 Stephanie trained as a doula and has found great joy in supporting women and their families during the birthing time.
In 2014 Stephanie began her training as a student-midwife. The same year she experienced her own home-birth and was floored by the magic, incredible beauty and crazy intensity of it all. She is now more certain than ever that she is on the right path.
- Student Midwife (2014-current)
- Gottman BBH Educator (2015)
- NRP certified (2015)
- BSN (2005)
- RN (2005)
- BLS certified (2005)
FULL SPECTRUM DOULA
Trained at Natural Resources and by the Bay Area Doula Project in San Francisco, Gwen is committed to reproductive justice. She is the founder of local doula agency Bright Birthing and has attended over 60 births since 2010.
Gwen volunteers with Birth Matters VA and for several years produced, highly-polished content with quarterly magazine SQUAT Birth Journal.
Beyond her degree in literature/religion and work toward a Masters in traditional Chinese medicine, additional studies have included Prenatal Yoga Teacher training; Prenatal Massage; Trauma to Triumph; and Penny Simkin's When Survivors Give Birth.
- Natural Resources Core Doula Training
- Bay Area Doula Project Abortion Doula Training
- Essentials of Prenatal Massage
- Trauma to Triumph
- When Survivors Give Birth
- Academy of Experiential Midwifery Education (one year)
BIRTH + POSTPARTUM DOULA
Julie has attended births in hospitals and birth centers; induced and spontaneous; epidurals and un-medicated; water births, VBACS, long labors and short. She has worked with couples, single moms, first babies and babies with siblings. She has provided postpartum support in NICUs, homeless shelters and homes. She offers services to fit a variety of needs and budgets and is a certified holistic doula through The Matrona.
- Move Your DNA (2016)
- Spinning Babies (2015)
- Acupressure for Birth Attendants (2014)
- Breastfeeding Resources, Applications and Skills for Doulas (2013)
- Rebozo Uses in Pregnancy and Birth (2012)
- TENS Unit Use in Labor (2012)
- Birth Doula Training, Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations (2011)
- Matrona Holistic Doula Certification Program (2011)
BIRTH + POSTPARTUM DOULA
Reagan became a birth doula to support all birthing people. She is passionate in her support of mothers of multiples and women with high-risk pregnancies to feel empowered in their births. She supports all people, not just those desiring natural childbirth. Sometimes our journey to parenthood takes roads we didn’t intend to travel. Reagan believes that if you feel educated, prepared, safe and loved, you can have an uplifting labor and delivery. She enjoys being actively present in a calm and grounding way for my clients. She looks forward to talking to you and hearing your thoughts on your pregnancy, labor, delivery and time after birth.
- Finishing doula certification with toLabor
- Training to be a FullCircle Placenta encapsulation specialist
- Emergency Health Sciences degree
- Board member of Birth Matters VA
- Bereavement training
DEBBIE WONG, CPM
BIRTH DOULA, POSTPARTUM DOULA, (IN)FERTILITY DOULA, MIDWIFE
Debbie's passion is to support an intended parent during their journey into and through the childbearing year. Over a decade ago, she started her career as a doula by attending births. This was part of her early training to become a Certified Professional Midwife. Since that time, she has supported over 300 families in welcoming their babies. Motherhood, however, is not isolated to pregnancy and birth. Often the intended birthing individuals need support during pre-conception, and often after the baby is born. Debbie's role as your doula is to provide you with care so you may feel informed, empowered, and confident wherever you are in your process of building your family.
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (current)
- The Maternal Child Health (MCH) Specialist Training (2015)
- Resolving Neonatal Birth Trauma Training (2015)
- Arvigo Techniques in Maya Abdominal Therapy-Professional Training (2011)
- Certified Professional Midwife (2009)
- BS Midwifery, Birthingway College of Midwifery (2009)
- Seattle Midwifery Doula Training (2004)
FULL SPECTRUM DOULA
Hannah completed a two year midwifery training program, during which time she continued attending births. Her midwifery training includes assisting with prenatals, labor & delivery, and postpartum care. In 2014, Hannah joined Bright Birthing doulas. As part of this team, Hannah hosts play dates, plans free events, and participates in birth-related activities throughout the community. She is honored to provide doula services, breastfeeding support, and diaper free coaching to local families.
- Academy of Experiential Midwifery Education, student midwife
- Go Diaper Free Certified Elimination Communication and Gentle Potty Training Coach
- Volunteer breastfeeding support leader